Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Knitting Socks


Lately I am obsessed with knitting socks.  I can't stop buying sock yarn. Yet another thing to collect!  I have enough yarn to knit socks for the next 4 years.  This is the 10th pair of socks that I've finished.  They were knit from the toe up with a free pattern by Wendy Johnson, Sprucy Lucy.  The pattern is great, but with this tweed-y sock yarn it doesn't show up enough for all the effort .  I'm a relatively new knitter, so this is one of the things I'm learning - how to pick the right yarn for the pattern and visa versa. I love the yarn though.  It's Zauberball.  Watching the colors change makes the knitting more interesting.  There are no repeats in the order of the colors, that I can tell, so each sock comes out different.  I like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment