Thursday some friends came over to work on the Guatemala project. We had preselected colors to work with: red, orange, and purple. My friends brought presewn sets of 2 1/2" strips in dark-light-dark or light-dark-light combinations. When they arrived, we set up sewing machines and cutting tables and got to work!
We cut several 2 1/2" pieces off each sewn set to make 9-patches. Then we interspersed the 9-patches between the strips, sewed them into 78" lengths, sewed the lengths together, and voila! We completed 3 quilt tops in the day. (Well, we were only able to complete the third top because one of the volunteers came with half a top already assembled!)
A very productive and enjoyable day!