Saturday, July 17, 2010

I Just Returned from Germany

Color Improvisations at the Haus der Wirtschaft
Stuttgart, Germany

I just returned from Germany where I attended the opening of Color Improvisations.  What a fabulous trip!  Twenty-two of the twenty-six artists in the show came for the opening.  The facility is beautiful and the opening was well-attended.  There are quite a few photos of the event and the quilts on Flickr.  Also Terry Jarrard-Dimond has quite a few photos on her blog.


The show was in this beautiful area one floor above the ground level.

Here are two of my quilts. Tumble is on the left and Canopy on the right.

Here I am with Tumble.

Here is Tangle, my third piece in the show.

A nearby window display advertises the show.

5 comments:

  1. Welcome home! Beautiful, beautiful. I really love tumble. See you next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I am just amazed by your work, especially Tangle. Congratulations! What a wonderful experience to be part of a fabulous exhibition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Bonnie! The show was indeed fabulous and your work was beautiful! Great to see you again. I've added your blog to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Bonnie! Your work looks wonderful in that incredible setting, especially the tension-filled Tangle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Serendipity & the Art of the Quilt showcased the show in Germany showing your art quilts. I have to say, they are amazing and I could look at them for hours. What beautiful work you do and the colors, WOW. I am so looking forward to following your quilting journey and hope I learn something along the way. Thanks so much for sharing your talent and art with us.

    ReplyDelete