Thursday, December 23, 2010

Nearing the Goal

There's been quite a lot of progress lately on the Guatemala Bound project.  Two women from my book group have been tireless in handfinishing bindings.  Several Anchorage people have sent in tops.  I have enough tops now, and there are just a few left to quilt.  In January I'll have a labeling party at my house, so we can give proper credit to all who worked on each quilt.  Recently the orphanage reported that it has 73 children.  I plan to send 75 bunkbed quilts and about 10 crib quilts.  I'm still working on the logistics of shipping.  I'm hoping to be able to make a trip down to the orphanage to deliver some of the quilts in  person.


Here are two more block and lattice quilts.


Several people in Anchorage worked on this quilt:


This one was donated by Linda R. from Anchorage:


Here are two more quilts from Nan's group in Anchorage.  These are inspired by Gee's Bend quilts.



And here's one more square-within-a-square.  I like the combination of pastels with black and white.

1 comment:

  1. These are so fantastic, Bonnie. A wonderful project. Let me know if there is something I can do to help.

    ReplyDelete