Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Handwerk Fabric Club




Last August I had the good fortune to go to South Africa on the Nancy Crow Craft Tour.  http://www.nancycrow.com/HTML/tours.html  The South African landscape was truly gorgeous. I’ve been trying to preserve some of the impressions by dyeing fabrics reminiscent of scenes from the trip. The colors were truly impressive!

My Handwerk Fabric Club is in its fifth year. I’ve shipped out an amazing array of colors!  I send 6 hand-dyed fabrics every other month. You can choose the size you wish to receive – fat quarters, ½ yards, or 1-yard pieces. Two-yard pieces are also available, but not on the order form. (Just write it in if that’s what you want.) I choose the colors each month. I don’t repeat colors, so every shipment is something new!

The first selection inspired by South Africa was the November fabric, “Cape Point”. The colorway turned out just great! The selection includes two lovely khaki-browns – the mountains, a beige – sand and soil, a reddish-rust – that amazing lichen we saw growing on the rocks on the road in to Cape Point, a light yellow-sage – the vegetation just coming alive, and a marine teal blue – the mixing of the two oceans. I’ve included a photo above of the colorway and a close-up of the darker brown which has beautiful greenish-gold highlights. (And how about that Samango monkey peaking out?) (Sorry, Cape Point is sold out!)  For January, I'm working on a dye selection based on the African Aloe.  I'm pleased with the results I'm getting.  That fabric should be ready to ship just before the new year.







I invite you to join the Handwerk Fabric Club. Note that you can stop and start shipments when you wish; it’s not a contract for a particular amount of time. Your credit card is charged when fabric is shipped. Also, if you’d like to order African Aloe as a trial or single selection, please do. Please email me through my web site, http://www.handwerktextiles.com/ or bonnie@handwerktextiles.com  and let me know that you are ordering or joining so I can set aside the fabric for you. I will email a sign-up sheet that you can mail back to me with your credit card information. I don’t have a secure web site yet, so the postal service is the best way to get that information to me.

I hope to hear from you!
Bonnie
Handwerk

No comments:

Post a Comment