Sunday, October 31, 2010

My "Heritage Text Book" Is on Display at the Portland Museum of Contemporary Craft

My Heritage Text Book is part of the Columbia FiberArts Guild's exhibit "Text", on display at the Portland Museum of Contemporary Craft in the Community Showcase on the 2nd floor.  I'm sorry I don't have a photo.  I decided to enter the book at the last minute and neglected taking a photo first.  I mono printed the cardboard book covers.  The book cloth is some of my hand-dyed fabric.  For the pages, I used recycled paper, bags and maps.  I also copied and blew up some old photos and documents from my family.  There are photos of my dad in Belgium during World War II, my Grandmother and Grandfather Rumsey's marriage certificate, and my grandmother's adoption papers.  It was a fun project and rather atypical for me.

I usually hand-bind my sketchbooks.  Here are a few of the books I've made in the past.










No comments:

Post a Comment