Friday, March 25, 2011

Stopover in Vancouver

I’m here in Portland for a visit with Bonnie and brought two unfinished tops started by the Soup Group – Joan, ClaraJo, Emiko and me. With help from Bonnie’s fabric stash I have finished both of them. Bonnie made two backs so they are ready for quilting. See Blue Tuesday and Crossroads below.

Blue Tuesday

Pat with Crossroads

We took a beautiful drive up the Columbia River, visited the Maryhill Museum, walked the dogs, shopped, had Asian cuisine , knitted and sewed.  We saw High Fiber Diet's latest show at Trinity Church in Portland.  Another PERFECT visit!

Signs of Spring at Trinity Church in Portland




A five-patch inspired by Malissia Pettway 1940’s “Nine Patch”, (Gee’s Bend: The Women and Their Quilts, pg 236) is under construction in purples and yellows, and I just finished machine quilting another Guatemala Bound quilt, Parfait, sewn by Susan and me.

Pat quilting Parfait

Time to iron.
Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment