Thursday, January 12, 2012

Guatemala Bound Quilt Project Continues

I'll be delivering the "last of the first" 100 quilts to the Santa Apolonia orphanage within the next few days.  Every child in the facility should then have a quilt.  But, there's no shortage of need in Guatemala!  I plan to continue to give quilts to the orphanage on a yearly basis for new arrivals.  Then, I'd like to make quilts for all the "tias" and permanent workers at the facility.  The tias are the "moms" that live with each group of children.  And, when I contacted Mayan Families about making quilts for my student's family, Sharon told me that Mayan Families tries to provide support for about 50 orphans that live with extended family members or friends.  So, if we make another 100 quilts, they will all have a place to go where they will be greatly appreciated! So, friends, keep on sewing!  For those of you who haven't been part of the project before but are interested in providing a quilt top, please contact me for size and other requirements. Again, many thanks to all who've contributed.

No comments:

Post a Comment