Thursday, February 28, 2013

Mayan Kids Receive Quilts

Student #62

The sixteen quilts sent to Mayan Families in Panajachel, Guatemala, last fall were distributed at Christmastime to kids in the orphan program.  Here's one happy little girl with a quilt pieced by Kathy Loomis.  Visit the Mayan Families Orphan Program blog to read more about the kids needing your help.  Or if you'd like to make a donation or sponsor a student visit the Mayan Families website.

We have 11 more quilts completed and ready to ship, and many more in the process.  If you're interested in contributing a quilt top (I quilt them and provide backing, batting, and binding) please let me know.  I am accepting two sizes: twins at 50-60" wide and 70-80" long; and doubles at 60-70" wide and 80-90" long. Fabrics should be 100% cotton.  I am also in need of 100% cottons for quilt backs.  I need pieces 1 yard sqare or larger.  Please contact me if you have donations.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment