Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Socks Saga Continues

Socks knit with self-striping yarn.  Plain foot, ribbed leg, no pattern.

Since my one and only post about knitting last April, I've continued on my sock adventure.  I've finished the socks shown here, plus three more pairs that I don't have good photos of.  I don't even wear socks very often. I could be spending all this time quilting. Yes, but I really do enjoy knitting.  It's my relaxation time, so I continue. Socks are small projects that can be completed relatively quickly in knitting-time, are easy to transport, and are relatively inexpensive. I have 5 pairs in various stages at this moment.  Yikes!  All of the socks shown here were knit two at a time, toe up, on two circular needles.

Rosebud socks from Toe-Up Socks for Every Body by Wendy Johnson. 


Laurel socks from Toe-Up Socks for Every Body by Wendy Johnson.

This is Wendy Johnston's Rivulets pattern, free on her website.

This is Origami, from Knitted Socks East and West by Judy Sumner.

No comments:

Post a Comment